As children work with these cards, they’ll discover many fascinating details about the lives and histories of people around the world, and learn about the countries and continents they inhabit.
Designed for use in the Primary (3 to 6) and Elementary (6 to 9) Montessori classrooms. Primary students can match the photo cards with the continent/flag control cards. Elementary students can use the two-sided story/question cards.
Four countries from each of six inhabited continents are represented by a photo/sentence card and a two-sided story/question card. Let the children discover why Antarctica has no cards! Story/question cards feature facts, continent symbol, and flag on one side, with questions on the opposite side. Photo/sentence cards show a colorful photo, simple sentence, continent symbol, and flag. Images include people in traditional and modern dress.
All 55 cards have rounded corners and are 4" x 2½". Use clear Plastic Box B106 or Acrylic Box B702.
Available laminated or unlaminated. Unlaminated cards are now printed on cardstock (prior to 2013 these cards were printed on paper).
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Zimbabwe
- North America: Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, United States
- South America: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
- Asia: Burma, China, Indonesia, Thailand
- Europe: Greece, Norway, Russia, Spain
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands
- Antarctica: continent card only