As children work with these cards, they’ll discover many fascinating details about the lives and histories of people around the world, as well as facts about the countries and continents they inhabit.
Designed for use in both the Primary (3 to 6) and Elementary (6 to 9) Montessori classrooms. Primary students can match the photo cards with the continent/flag control cards. Elementary students can use the two-sided story/question cards.
Four countries from each of six inhabited continents are represented by a photo/sentence card and a two-sided story/question card. Let the children discover why Antarctica has no cards! Story/question cards feature facts, continent symbol, and flag on one side, with questions on the opposite side. Photo/sentence cards show a colorful photo, simple sentence, continent symbol, and flag. Images include people in traditional and modern dress.
All 55 cards have rounded corners and are 4" x 2½". Use clear Plastic Box B106
, or Acrylic Box B702
. Unlaminated cards are printed on cardstock.
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Zimbabwe
- North America: Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, United States
- South America: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
- Asia: Burma, China, Indonesia, Thailand
- Europe: Greece, Norway, Russia, Spain
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands
- Antarctica: continent card only