What is a Group Order?
A "Group Order" is an order placed during the School Credit Promotion period (September 1 to December 31), for items from the Montessori Services For Small Hands catalog, paid with one payment (either ONE check or ONE credit card), and shipped to one address. Browse School Credit Promotion Frequently Asked Questions.
How do I use the Group Order Online system?
- Click Group Order at the top of any page on the Montessori Services website.
- Log in if you are not already.
- Add a Family - Add a family to your Group Order
- To get to this page, click "Add Family" at top.
- Enter your family's information into the form.
- Click either "Save and Add Items for This Family" to enter items for the family you just added, or "Save and Add Another Family" to add another family.
- Add Items - Add items to a family's order
- To get to this page, click "Add Items" at top, or "Save and Add Items for This Family" on the Add Family page.
- Select the family from the pull-down menu.
- Enter that family's order into the form.
- Click either "Save and View This Order" to review the order your just entered, or "Save and Add More Items" to enter more items for that family.
- View/Edit Orders - View and edit a family's shopping cart
- To get to this page, click "View/Edit Orders" at top, or, on the Add Items page, enter an order and click "Save and View Order".
- Select a family from the pull-down menu.
- Review their order, add/remove items, or change quantities as needed.
- View Amounts Due from Families (View/Edit Orders page)
- On the View/Edit Orders page, click the "View/Print This Family's Order" button (next to the family pull-down menu).
- A new window will open, showing a printable version that family's order with shipping charges, tax (if applicable), and total amount due.
- Print the page or save it as a digital file. Parent payments should match the total amount due shown here.
- View Group Order Total Amount Due (View/Edit Orders page)
- On the View/Edit Orders page, click the "View/Print Entire Group Order" button (below the order)
- A new window will open, showing a printable version of each family order, plus the totals for the entire Group Order with shipping charges, tax (if applicable), and total amount due.
- Shipping will be calculated correctly, unless your group order is less than $150. In that case it will be an estimate.
- Print the page or save it as a digital file.
- Paying by check? Stop here and view "Can I use the Group Order system and pay by check? below.
- Checkout Group Order
- Click "Checkout Group Order" at top, or from the View/Edit Orders page.
- You will be prompted to review and print the printable Group Order; after you've done that, choose "Continue".
- Fill out the Checkout page, including the special Group Order fields:
- Enter your 6-digit school customer number (required for processing); if you don't know your school customer number, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (877-975-3003, M-F, 8-4:30 Pacific Time) before continuing.
- Select how many free plastic bags you'd like (for distributing your order) from the pull-down menu.
- Enter the date your school expects to close for the holidays.
- Click Complete Order.
Should I create a new Group Order account?
- You may set up another Group Order account using a different email address. Consider this option if the School Credit Promotion Coordinator is not the person who normally has year-round access to the school's online account.
- If you don't have a different email address, no problem. You can manage school and Group Order shopping carts separately (and place separate school and Group orders) using only one account.
How can I place a regular order while the school has an active Group Order?
- Any items added by clicking the Add to Cart button while browsing or while using Catalog Quick Shop are added to your regular shopping cart.
- Any items saved in your shopping cart from before you started your Group Order remain there.
- Any items you've added before logging in are added to your regular shopping cart when you log in.
- To checkout, simply go to the regular shopping cart and click secure checkout.
Will my regular shopping cart still be there after I place my Group Order?
Yes. Your regular shopping cart is separate and may be accessed before, during and after placing a Group Order.
Will my Group Order still be there after I place a regular order?
Yes. Your Group Order will be saved when you place a regular order.
What do I do with Wish List items or classroom gifts from the Montessori Services School Catalog?
Group Orders may include a few Wish List items (any item ordered from the Montessori Services School Catalog as a gift for the teacher, classroom, or school). When you place your online Group Order, Wish List items should be part of a family order.
- If just one family is purchasing the gift: select the family from the pull-down menu, then enter the item number and quantity
- If several families are sharing the cost of a gift: create a new family order named "Wish List", then enter the item number and quantity
Can I use the Group Order system and mail in my order (paying by check or credit card)?
Yes. When you compile your Group Order online, the system will calculate the amounts due from each family, print a copy of the View/Print This Family's Order page for each family to save, and print a copy of the View/Print Entire Group Order page to send in with payment. To submit by mail:
- Choose "View/Edit Orders".
- Select a family from the pull-down menu.
- Click the "View/Print Entire Group Order" button below the order.
- This page will open in a new window. Print it.
- At the bottom:
- Write your school customer number on the line provided.
- Write in the date your school closes for the holidays on the line provided.
- Write in the number of bags you'd like to distribute the order.
- If your Group Order shipping address is different from the school address that is printed, write it in, otherwise it will be shipped to address shown.
- Save a copy of your printed Group Order for your records.
- Include payment:
- If paying by check, make payable to Montessori Services to match the Group Order Total Amount Due.
- If paying by credit card, write in your:
- credit card number
- expiration date
- CVV code
- name on card
- credit card billing address (street address, city, state, zip)
- Mail your payment with the printed Group Order to Montessori Services, 11 W. 9th Street, Santa Rosa CA 95401.
Please do not cancel your Group Order until after it has been received and distributed to families, and please make sure you keep a copy. Once your Group Order has been cancelled, it cannot be retrieved.
How do I order bags?
During online checkout, select a quantity of free plastic bags from the pull-down menu. If you are mailing your Group Order with a check, write the number of free bags on the blank line at the bottom of the last page.
Does the Group Order online system calculate shipping?
Yes, for both the families and for the total order. The shipping amount due from families and for the total order show on the View/Print This Family's Order page. The amount shown reflects free shipping if the order qualifies for it, otherwise it reflects shipping based on the zip code of the default shipping address in your account. The shipping amount will be an estimate if the order is less than $150.
Will the Group Order show up in my order history?
- If you submit the order online, yes. Once the order is completed, you can access the breakdown by individual family in the My Orders section of My Account. First view the order, then click the "View/Print Entire Group Order broken down by family" link at upper right.
- If you mail it in, no. If you've entered your order online, but printed and mailed it instead of checking out through the site, we highly recommend you print the View/Print Entire Group Order page for your records. We also recommend you don't cancel the Group Order (see "How do I cancel my Group Order?") until you have received it. If we don't get your mailed-in order, and you cancel you Group Order, it will not be retrievable.
Why do my family shipping amounts due change?
During the free shipping period (September 1 through October 24, orders shipped to the United States only), the View/Print Order pages will show a shipping amount due until the Group Order Merchandise Total reaches $500 (the minimum amount to qualify for free shipping). As soon as the Group Order Merchandise Total reaches $500, free shipping is shown instead. However, if the Group Order Merchandise Total drops below $500 (for example, if you delete items from a family order), the shipping amounts due will be restored until the Group Order Merchandise Total again reaches $500. On October 25 (once the free shipping offer has expired), the View/Print Order pages will show a shipping amount due.
What if a parent wants to add something after the Group Order is submitted?
We're sorry, once you have submitted your Group Order (whether by mail, fax, phone, or online) we cannot accept changes to that order. However,
- Late orders may be placed on the For Small Hands website for credit; the school will receive 10% (rather than 15%) and the parent will pay normal shipping charges. See How to Place an Individual Order for Credit Online.
- Some schools place an early order to qualify for free shipping and a later order to accommodate last-minute additions; you can submit as many Group Orders as you like during the promotion.
How do I cancel my Group Order?
To cancel your Group Order and delete all items and families associated with it, choose the Cancel All button at the top of any Group Order page. Note: once your Group Order has been cancelled, it cannot be retrieved.
If you have submitted your Group Order by mail, please wait until after your Group Order has been received and distributed to families to cancel it, and please make sure you keep a copy.